Friday, July 23, 2010

Mason, Our New Hope

Yesterday morning I woke up with butterflies in my stomach. Although I was very excited I was also having feelings of anxiety and nervousness. I took a shower and tried to regain a sense of calm. It did not really help but I remember that I kept telling myself everything will be ok and we will be having a happy healthy baby boy.

Ryan's parents came into town to go with us and they brought donuts and juice so that our little one would be moving around during the ultrasound. The ride to the doctor's office took forever and my nerves did not seem to settle. A lot of angel mommies say that pregnancy after a loss is bittersweet and actually that is the best word to describe it.

When we got to the doctor's office they called us back to the room about 3 minutes after arriving. I was so glad that I wouldn't be waiting long. When I got to the room the nurse informed me that the doctor was called to the hospital next door but he would be back shortly. It was long enough for me to take a nap and calm my nerves.

As soon as the doctor put the Doppler on my stomach and I heard the heartbeat I knew it was all ok. He told us right away that it was a boy!! Just like the tech had said at the 12 week appointment. Our little Mason was just as active as his brother. I feel his movements all the time now and of course his kicks. Just like his brother and his daddy, Mason has big feet and long big legs. Mason has his daddy's big hands and he waved at us during the ultrasound :).

The doctor said that everything looked great and that the placenta was very well implanted which helps put our minds at ease about another abruption. He is measuring on track and is in all a very healthy baby boy. Great news.

I've been going to the doctor every 2 weeks, but this new doctor doesn't want to see me for a month. So my next appointment is at 23 weeks on August 19th. Good thing we have a heartbeat monitor at home.

So now we just have to pray that I don't develop preeclampsia any time soon. We would love to have this baby at 36 weeks and not any earlier.















 Here is one of the ultrasound pictures of our little Mason.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie. I too lost my firstborn Cara due to Preeclampsia. I hate it :( Wishing you lots of positive thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete