Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mason's Three Month Outfits

So I've always wanted to learn how to sew but time commitment and willingness to learn has always stood in my way.  I guess I should start by saying that my grandmother is fabulous at sewing.  She has made me several outfits, Halloween costumes, and hemmed my pants on many occasions.  Each time I tell myself I need to ask her to teach me and I finally buckled.

I wanted to learn to do simple things and I thought I would start with applique.  I know it's not perfect but I just started and I am learning.  

Mason is getting his three month milestone photos done and I wanted him to have two special outfits.  I knew I wanted to do one with his initial and I think the tie is so cute :).  I wanted them to match his light blue and brown hat, so that is why both are in the same color scheme.

I have to admit it wasn't as hard and scary as I thought it would be but then again my stitching isn't perfect.  Hopefully it will get better.

So here are some photos of my first attempts at sewing.



1 comment: