Sunday, August 8, 2010

Getting Ready for Mason

I can't begin to tell you how blessed I have been during this pregnancy.  Pregnancy after a loss is so unpredictable and for lack of a better word "bittersweet".  Well...actually that is the best word to describe it.  I have been truly blessed though.  Although we have had a few scares, we have had more positive news and great appointments.

We have had our first scare at five weeks when I started bleeding due to a hemorrhage that occurred when Mason started to attach.  I had to stay home on bed rest for three weeks and the bleeding stopped around nine weeks.  Since then, we have had a few blood pressure issues and they did find protein in my urine but it has all been normal since.

Mason is a mover too, so that is so very comforting.  Yesterday my stomach was lopsided and you could feel either his back end or his head sticking out.  Most of the time he loves to stick his feet in my ribs, mostly on the right side but an hour ago he was sticking his feet in my left rib.

So the biggest blessing during this pregnancy is that I have been able to prepare for him.  When I first got pregnant the idea of buying stuff and making plans scared me.  How could I make plans and then get them all crushed again?  Slowly but surely I have found this to not be the case.  We have some clothes for him already washed and hanging up, his bassinet is already set up, and we are in the process of ordering his furniture. 

See the bassinet has been set up for awhile now.  After we couldn't bring Tyler home Ryan returned the furniture without me.  I couldn't bear to take it back, we had actually just gotten it the weekend before we lost Tyler.  His bassinet was already set up and I refused to take it apart.  Right now it has his lion, the first set of clothes he wore, and his blanket.  Soon it will have his baby brother in it.  Although to admit that does scare me, it also warms my heart and offers that hope and faith that Mason will come home.

This is the furniture we are planning on ordering.  It's from the Da Vinci Kalani Set.  We like the cherry color.

So please help me pray for continued blessings during this pregnancy and for Mason to arrive screaming and crying in November.

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by to say Hi!.

    I'm your newest follower.would be nice if you can follow back as below blog.

    Thank you for share nice blog I like your post :-),


    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day.

    Nan

    ReplyDelete