Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kissable Product Review - From the eyes of Macy

So, Macy has been having a terrible problem with bad breath.  We love her to death but sometimes she wants to snuggle and it's hard because her breath is the worst you can imagine.

Yesterday, Ryan and I made a trip to Petco and decided that we needed to buy Macy her first toothbrush.  They had a variety of types ranging in ones that look like people toothbrushes, to ones that are made of all rubber, to ones that have three heads.

We decided on one that had three heads because we figured it would surround her teeth and be easier and faster.  Plus it came with the toothpaste that says it's all natural, so that made the sell for us.


So here is our journey to giving Macy a kissable smile :).


The first thing I did was let Macy explore and smell her new toothbrush.  I wanted her to be as comfortable as possible and she loves to smell everything new thing that comes into the house. 


Then for the best part of this product, the toothpaste.  I have to say that Macy is by far the pickiest dog I know.  She turns down treats if they don't meet up to her standard.  So, I was hoping that she would love the taste of the toothpaste...and guess what she did.  I put a pea sized sample and let her smell and taste it.  The box says that you do not have to rinse the paste off, so I thought it would be ok.


I had to be very very patient with Macy.  I did a little at a time and I have to admit at first, she did NOT want her teeth brushed.  She fought at first but after a few minutes she calmed down and let me and Ryan brush her teeth.

I also have to say that this is a very smart product.  The three brush heads make it way way easier.  You just have to brush along the top and it brushes both sides at the same time.  A HUGE time saver and a bonus when working with a stubborn dog like Macy.

So I would recommend the Kissable Toothbrush set for Dogs.  It does take a few minutes for any dog to get use to it but after that it works great!!

Stay tuned for more of Macy's journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment